Saturday, January 15, 2011

Friends for Weight Loss

Have you heard about Friends for Weight Loss?  When I began researching the new Weight Watcher's program, I followed a link to a blog called Danica's Daily, which had a lot of recipes and inspiration regarding the new PointsPlus program.  Danica also started a new blog, Friends for Weight Loss.  It's so nice to have suggestions for recipes that use real food and allow me to cook healthy meals for the entire family.  *whispers* During my previous attempts at weight loss, I usually made something for me, and something else for the rest of the family...I know it sounds impractical, but it was easier than trying to do the calculations for portions, points, etc., as far I was concerned.

So, what's more exciting than find a free community of like-minded friends?  A giveaway!  Click here for more information.

As for me, I'm still feeling great.  I wasn't able to schedule a formal workout yesterday, but I did walk over 10,000 steps, which is my default "get the ol' body movin'" goal.  Today I completed week 5, day 2 of the C25k program and a 10 minute walk this morning.  I think my body is recovering before the full three minutes of walking, but I've just decided to follow the plan, although I am pleased to say I was able to jog a little longer than the final five minutes, so I did!  I'm happy to report that's an improvement over my 'run' two days ago (week 5, day 1).  As my Dad says, "the benefits of physical exercise are mind boggling."  Amen, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment